A cold deck (cold runner) system is an assembly of insulated feeding units that prevents liquid silicone from curing while conveying silicone into the cavities of the mold. The following are a few reasons that using a cold deck system can be very cost effective in high volume molding applications.
1. The cold deck eliminates waste (sprue and runners) that is generated in a conventional silicone injection molding.
2. The cold deck also reduces cycle time because it eliminates the need for a secondary process to remove the sprue and runner from the molded part.
3. A cold deck can also provide you with greater flexibility with both gate style (open vs. valve gated) and location.
Read the rest of the November Newlsetter
Latest posts by Ryan Taylor (see all)
- Three Secrets for Overmolding Silicone onto Electronics - August 25, 2015
- Albright adds 14-ton Arburg Press - August 25, 2015
- Albright Provides Silicone Molded Parts to Allow Astronauts to Eat in Space! - August 7, 2015