Liquid Silicone Coloring
5 Facts about Silicone Color
- Silicone color companies offer standard colors. Color matching of silicone and tints are available from multiple manufacturers such as, GSDI (Gayson), Nusil Technology, DTI and Ferro.
- The term used in the industry is silicone color dispersions. The normal amount of dispersion used is 2% by weight.
- When color matching is done the same silicone manufacturer has to be used in manufacturing the product or the color will be different.
- In unrestricted silicone parts (long term implantables) silicone color dispersion has to be an unrestricted color also. For information on unrestricted color see Nusil Silicone Technology.
- In production molding of colored silicone parts, the color dispersion is added before the static mixer.
For medical applications, Gayson and Nusil have teamed up to offer a line of silicone masterbatches that are customized to be used with Nusil’s restricted and unrestricted liquid silicone grade.